Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Happy New Year!!

I'm not sure if I can describe how happy I am to say goodbye to 2010. Not because it was awful, on the contrary. I am a sucker for a fresh start,clean slate, and new beginnings. It was a busy year and I think I did okay for myself.


I started new goals. I read new books. I yelled a lot. I laughed a lot.

I lost weight. I gained weight.
I started new diets. I ate a gallon of ice cream by myself.

I sang and danced in front of people.

I went hiking and camping. I never got over my fear of bears.

I tried to take the high road. I acted like a stubborn child.

I spent more time with my sister. I fought more with my sister.

I held grudges from the past.I tried to forgive and forget past mistakes.

I quit a new job. I gained a new job.

I splurged. I saved. I bought things I didn't need. I got rid of a lot of stuff. I never kept my room as clean as I would have liked

I desperately wanted kids. I never wanted to have kids.

I tried new restaurants. I cooked more at home.

I went house shopping. I tried to get out of debt.

I spent hours in a puddle of water from my house getting flooded.
I was really glad my room was upstairs.

I tried to enjoy my last year living with my family. I really really tried.

I missed my grandma Billie. I cried a lot. I still talk to her all the time.

I got engaged. I started to plan my wedding.

I took a lot of pictures. I stopped hiding from the camera.

I realized my family is totally crazy and dysfunctional, and I fit right in.

I sat in bed all day and felt miserable. I felt miserable about feeling miserable about myself.

I saw my sister laugh so hard she peed her pants. I saw my dad cry for the first time.

I hated getting out of bed at seven in the morning on Christmas. I am really going to miss my siblings waking me up on Christmas morning.

I went to several weddings.I helped participate in a funeral.

I have never felt more like an adult. I wished I didn't have to grow up.

I didn't make my bed. I took naps in the sun. I was humbled. I got really excited thinking about the things that are in store for this coming year.

Most of all, I woke day after day and was grateful to have my family, my friends and you by my side.

2 comments:

Ryan, Alyse, Paetyn and Ashton said...

Wow Carlee that is probably the cuteset heart warming post I have seen yet! I loved it you are an amazing little writter!! I am very impressed... Sounds like a great year to me Girly:) love ya

Mindy Thomas said...

GREAT POST! I loved it. Very heart felt. You gave me chills. That is a great year of growth and maturity. I love you Carlee, thank you for hanging out with us this past year. I really feel like I have grown closer to you.